Wednesday, July 11

Did I really need that shumai?

Did laundry and chores in the morning, and spent the afternoon on a sheet in Prospect Park with a very rolly Milli. Spent the evening grinding in the kitchen. Not a great eating day, but could have been worse.

TODAY'S COOKING
Knish prep/cook: Made three fillings (potato, potato pastrami, and spinach roasted garlic). 25 lbs of potato was peeled and cut up and put in the fridge last night. Dough made last week, taken out of the freezer yesterday. Caramelized onion made a few weeks ago, resting in the fridge. Did two rounds in the oven, enough for 2 orders and enough filling in the freezer for one more. A dozen for house gift for a friend I'm seeing this weekend, and enough dough and filling to make minis tomorrow for a baby shower I'm contributing to...

THE COUNT: 2,500
I conveniently made the count total my goal, despite not knowing the calorie count of my dinner or evening snack, because I was hungrier than usual from 10pm until I got to sleep around 2pm. Not chew-the-walls hungry like I was in danger of approaching before dinner, but hungry enough to say, "Hmmm, I'm hungry!"

AM SNACK: 7:45am, iced green tea, 25 cal


BREAKFAST: 9:45am, steel cut oatmeal, water, 375 cal


LUNCH: 12:30pm, breaded shrimp, corn chips, momma salad, 7oz diet coke, 800 cal


DINNER: 6:15pm, small green salad with carrot dressing, shrimp shumai, tempura shrimp & veg, sushi platter, +/-1250
Realized after I got home, a lot of kitchen work was ahead of me so I didn't feel like making the meal I planned, and ordered in. Also, I was really hungry and probably over-ordered. Did I really need the shumai? Finding control when I get to that point, that's a skill that'll serve me in the long-haul.

EVENING SNACK: 8pm, 2 small spoonfuls of knish filling, +/- 50 cal
Can't cook 100 knishes without sampling the filling to make sure the salt/fat balance is there.

No comments: