Thursday, October 11

High Stress

BREAKFAST: 9am, handful of tatertots, 2 sausage patties, 2/3 of a crappy corn muffin, 24 oz still water, hunger 3/5
Got to work before 7:30 to focus on a large project that's been scaring the hell out of me. When I woke up at 6, felt good but stomach in a knot. After getting through some work and feeling a little more comfortable, went down to the corporate cafeteria, where the options are severe and severely limited. This is the kind of breakfast I'd eat casually before I started thinking more. Tasted out-of-control salty, and surprisingly not as satisfying as I remember. Good thing I packed a healthy lunch...

Did have a dirtpill when I woke up...

LUNCH: 1pm, superhippy bread sandwich with peanut butter, about half of the salad, hunger 4/5
At my desk, felt good that despite not having moved forward at all on this big project, I feel a bit less clueless and helpless.

PM SNACK: 5:30pm, 2 handfuls of M&Ms, hunger 4/5
As day started winding down, rushing to settle things before taking off promptly at 5:45 for yoga. Realized I was really hungry - hungry enough to eat dinner straight from work, too hungry to do yoga. With time pressure, my only option was the vending machine in the kitchen space where you pop in a quarter and turn the crank, and you get a small handful of candy. I did it 2 times, one peanut and one plain, and man did it hit the spot and keep me going - THIS is what crappy sugar can do! I really appreciated it, rather than felt compelled to eat it because of a craving. Was nice.

DINNER: 8pm, one half a large Margerita DOC, one whole small Salamino DOC, liter of perrier, hunger 4/5
I blame yoga! I blame work! I blame Betsy and her friend, who didn't come home soon enough left me in the house with 2 warm, delicious pizzas from the best local pizza joint ever, Isabella's Oven. I ate half of each pizza and ran an errand, and when I got home 20 minutes later, realized I was still pretty hungry so I finished the small. Now, this pizza has a thin thin thin crust, minimal little islands of fresh moz on a sea of bright red simple tomato sauce, not the icky bready cheesy monsters served at slice joints.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

let me know if i can help.
t