Wednesday, October 10

Mofungo would be a cool gelato flavor

ADDENDA:
Ilsa's meeting was good, we're going to focus on a little weight loss. She referenced the New York article about how exercise encourages weight gain because people don't use self control when indulging an out of control appetite. Well, Ilsa has given me a direct order to control myself when I get off the bike after a long ride.

Up till this point, the weekend is the time I kind of let loose a little and relax. But really, if I want change, I have to change, this ain't the commercial for the miracle pill where you can eat anything and still become a fitness model.

I was a little surprised at her attitude towards my yoga - basically, if you're not feeling it, don't worry, it's not for everyone. Kinda makes me want to give it a full hearing before issuing a judgement.

Ilsa spoke of kinda hitting the self control a little bit harder, using the intensity of work as kind of a lever to focus on, get my mind off, say, a WHOLE day without sweets! Insanity! Derangement! Got the lockable freezer today, I think making a pint of gelato last for a few weeks instead of a few days will be a fun challenge with B....

BREAKFAST: 6:30am, organic cornflakes with good milk, hunger 3/5
Nice that there is no corn syrup, just fructose, and the salt is sea salt.

LUNCH: 12:45pm, small pastrami sandwich with peasoup, pickle and slaw, water, hunger 4/5
Needed the comfort, and the break from the office. Sat down and forced myself to be still for 45 minutes while I finished the Animal Vegetable Miracle book, good stuff. Any book that ends with hot turkey sex (and cute lil' turkey babies) is alright in my world. Really riding the edge of overload at work, but haven't gone over the edge yet...helped that I got my ass in here a little after 7 to figure things out...

DINNER: 7:30pm, mushroom risotto, tuscan panzenella (a salad of tomatos and torn up bread), garlicy white beans and bread, water, hunger 4/5
Wanted to go home and cook, but feeling totally blown out from the day. Was supposed to go to the movies with friends, but I would of fallen asleep during it AND been stressed, so would of been no fun. Fortunately, B was coming home at the same time so we met on the street, and I made a snap decision to skip the cooking and have a nice calm meal out with my wifey. She's good for that!

No comments: