Tuesday, October 9

Mofungo's name is better than it's reality.

ADDENDA:
I've forgotten to record my dirtpill consumption this past week or so, but suffice to say, I have not forgotten to take it, I guess it's just become habit that I don't think too much about. However, upon reflection (in preparation for my meeting with Ilsa tonight), I must say that I think something is definitely giving me a little more energy, feeling a bit more even, sleeping a little more sound, etc etc. I suspect it's the dirtpills (which I teasingly call that because they kinda look and taste like little compressed tablets of dirt!) but for all I know, it could be living with the sweetest woman with the biggest smile in the world....

BREAKFAST:
7:15am, good yogurt with honey, vanilla and raw cashews, dirtpill, hunger 3/5

AM SNACK: 9:30am, 24 oz still water

LUNCH: 2:45pm, large green salad, peanut butter on superhippy bread, hunger 4/5
Slammed at work, no time to eat till now, and at the computer again. At least it was from home!

DINNER: 8pm, 4 empenadas (beef, shrimp, sausage, potato), 1/2 bottle of Perrier, half bar of dark chocolate, hunger 4/5
Hungry, tired, after a long intense day at work had a relatively intense meeting with Ilsa. Wanted to go food shopping then cook, but as a pedalled, realized I needed to chill and go to sleep early. Couldn't decide what I wanted, so I thought specifically if I could eat anything in the world right now, what would it be....and it was pasties, specifically the Cornwall pasties sold at a stand in Victoria Station, London. Too tired to jump on a plane, did the next best thing and stopped by Ruben's Empenada's on 1st Ave between 7th and St. Marks. Took 'em home and reheated them, the shrimp and beef were better than I remembered, the sausage and potato were just ok. The British version has much richer and greasier dough, and sharp cheddar really makes potato come alive....

Between social plans tomorrow night and yoga Thursday, not going to be home to cook for a while. Maybe I should go crazy and pack lunch again tomorrow....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gelato lasting a few days at 5e? you'd better hide that key reallllly well, dear husband. or else!!

yum/mwah.