Friday, October 26

Unsweet Day

ADDENDA:
Still processing last night's 4th and maybe final yoga class. The chanting and meditation, which I thought would be the goofiest part, was actually quite interesting. The trying to hand stand against the wall part, well, that was more like what I was expecting!

Didn't quite forget to have sweets yesterday, just kinda tried to reign in my sense of somehow being owed sweets every day. Probably from my mom withholding sweets so I wouldn't grow up to be a fat-ass. Gotta think about that more, too. When I got home last night, made 2 apple crumbles, one for B's dad and one for a party I'm going to tonight. Wasn't tempted to eat it or the funky gelatos in the freezer or even the really good dark chocolate bar I bought along with the apples (don't worry B, it's locked away!) Hmmmm.

Gonna try to avoid sweets till the party tonight, though I don't know if my body will object, we'll see...

BREAKFAST: 6:30am, onion bagel toasted with good butter, hunger 4/5
Hungrier than usual this morning. Maybe from the lack of sweets?

AM WATERING: 7:30am, 24 oz still water

LUNCH: 12:45pm, beef burrito, chips and salsa, hunger 4/5
Long morning, long but good. Hungry for something heavy, so I went to Burittoville. I recalled not liking it so much last time I was there, thinking maybe I'm hungry for a memory of what I used to like rather than what I'm going to actually get. So I ordered something completely different after ordering only the megasoy burrito all these years and....it was disgusting, the beef stringy like brisket and oddly sweet. Yik. Ate it, but picked most of the beef out. Seriously wanted ice cream after (spicy food does that to me, it seems) but wasn't a sugar craving so much as a smooth cold craving, so it was easy to resist.

I think my Burittoville habit has ended, need to find a decent Mex place near Times Square...any suggestions, oh faithful 2 readers?

PM SNACK: 3:45, 24 oz of still water then a small handful of M&Ms, hunger 3/5
Broke down and went to the vending machine which gives you a small handful of M&M's for 25 cents. I kinda feel like a hamster sucking at a metal teat for it's nutrients. Really felt the sugar cravings. Hoped water would make it go away, but no. The very first M&M on my tongue and BAM the cravings stopped, but I got very hungry, even though I know I was not. Hm.

PM SNACK: 6:30pm, bowl of organic crispex with good milk, small square of dark chocolate, hunger 4/5
To tide myself over till I go out, B was freaking out for chocolate so I busted it out of the freezer. After today's episode not too anxious to snarf chocolate.

DINNER: 9pmish, 1 slice pizza, small plate pasta salad, handful of very salty sausage-stuffed mushrooms, apple crumble, 1 beer, 1 vodka tonic, hunger 4/5
Nice friendly party with good friends and good strangers, all out from the rain. Brought the apple crumble. Over the course of the eve, just two drinks, alcohol never greatly appealed to me and as I get older, even less. I would of liked to have gotten a little drunk, but if it meant drinking more, ferget it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, there's a tiny good mexican place that everyone goes to in TSq. unfortunately it's all meaty.
Ask Andrew or GC for the name.
the HV