Saturday, April 12

Money, Meet Mouth

BREAKFAST: 10am, 2 pancakes, 4 pieces bacon, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
I had 4 pancakes on my plate, and as I was working into the 2nd one, realized I really didn't need to eat the other 2. Thinking of my mini-rant yesterday about global food shortages and a new American perspective on food, I've been wondering how I can put my money where my mouth is (figuratively and literally.) As for these pancakes, "Damn, this is enough pancake to serve 2...or have a 2nd meal!" So I plopped the two in a freezer bag and into the ice chest it went. It'll make an easy lighter breakfast later in the week, or a non-sweet snack at some point. It's from scratch, all organic with fresh milk, whole wheat, unrefined sugar etc etc, how insane would of it been to trash them.

LUNCH: 12:30, half a pastrami sandwich, half order of fries, pickles, 2 bowls, hunger 4/5
Easily could of eaten a whole sandwich and whole order of fries, but would of felt icky after. Everyone around me was packing in loads more, but the bacon and 2 pancakes were still with me.

DINNER: 7pm, shrimp in garlic sauce with black beans and yellow rice, spinach salad, water, 2.5 bowls, hunger 4/5
Ordered in on a quiet Saturday eve.

No comments: