Wednesday, May 13

Dark Chocolate Vs. Lost: Lost Wins

Was able to stay awake through class, mostly by telling L stories -- everyone really wants to meet him, and L himself has already volunteered to come in and talk to the class, but I dunno. It's like career day and your parents come to talk to the class, and you're afraid they'll do something dorky and embarrass you.

Like today -- I was rotating a pizza that was in back of a newly placed pie, and I foolishly didn't hook the pizza door open, so while I was jiggling the pie, I shook the door a little and it tapped me lightly on the hand, giving me a bit of a burn. I jumped and slapped the edge of the new pie with the peel, not enough to make it bad or unsalable, but L was there to scold me for being uncoordinated and out of shape and nonathletic and how bike riding isn't doing it for me and on and on a bit. I shrug it off, run my hand under some cold water, move on.

A few minutes later, I'm working on a yield test for a new recipe for prosciutto balls when L comes into the kitchen and scolds me some more for being weak, then runs me through his Qi Gong practice, which he strongly recommends I do every morning and evening to build up my strength and coordination -- he flexes his muscles and calves at me to show me what it's done for him. Then he hikes up his kilt and boasts that he's "U.F." today - Underwear Free, and how I should consider the practice. Ugh.

Dark chocolate usually gets me buzzing, but lying on the couch wrapped around the very pregnant B and her watching the extremely boring Lost/American Idol business, I passed out around 8:30pm without dinner.

BREAKFAST: 8am, chocolate cheese muffin, water .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Starbucks muffin to help me in my determination not to fall asleep during class. Was about to buy two pastries, but there were calorie counts on each item....the donut and apple fritter together were about 800 calories, while the muffin alone was 330. Ah, informed decision making...

LUNCH 1: 12:15pm, 10 pork & chive dumplings, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
At my favorite dumpling hole-in-the-wall on the way to the resto, as I got out 15 minutes early. At $2.50, can't beat it.

LUNCH 2:
4pm, slice o' white, slice o' red with meatball, red pepper and olive, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
Chill staff lunch with dah fellahs and dah ladies.

PM WATERING: 6:30pm, quart o' water

PM INDULGENCE: 7pm, packet of Jaques Torres dark chocolate covered cornflakes, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: