Friday, July 17

Good product

Spent a good part of the day helping my friend P move within Brooklyn. I'm glad I'm not in college anymore, and most of my friends who rent now hire professionals. We spent an hour with a sofa wedged in a stairwell before we bailed on the seller. Craigslist, it's a hell of a website.

BREAKFAST: 9:15am, bagel with cream cheese, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 12:15pm, low calorie grape Gatorade, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Good product. It still has corn syrup as the main ingredient, but has sucralose down lower. It's pleasantly mildly sweet, but doesn't have the cloying fake sweetness of a drink that is strictly fake sweet.

LUNCH: 2pm, 2 slices bad pizza, a slice of so-called "salad pizza", a Manhattan Special, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
At a run-of-the-mill pizza restaurant in Staten Island. The salad pizza was a nightmare, a load of overdressed house salad and some marinated antipasto over an undercooked shell that was mush by the time I sat to eat it. The plain slice had a blanket of cheese that after 1 bite I peeled off in one and set aside.

DINNER: 7pm, 3 sea scallops, 2 ears corn, water, a little tiramisu and a little chocolate cake, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Cooked a nice crust onto the scallops. Corn is finally in season. B was busy with feeding the E, so I cut the kernels off the boiled ears, HVS-style, so she could eat them with E in one arm. B is like the Swiss-army knife of mommas.

DINNER 2: 8:15pm, beef lomein, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Still hungry, out for a walk with B&E, so I went for it.

No comments: