Tuesday, September 8

And Edie had milk all day long...

For a day that is a bit of "this is the first day of the rest of your life", it was pretty fun. Betsy got out the door by 7:30, leaving me not quite awake with a quite awake baby. Around 9am, got a panicked call from L -- it seems there was a gas main issue on the restaurant's street, and he was in Connecticut, so I needed to go over and give access and represent. So me n' Edles focused, got our gear together, and made our way out to Brooklyn.

After spending an hour at the restaurant, we walked over the Brooklyn Bridge, a first for Edie no doubt. Around this time, I had my first phone call with B from work, who seemed to be doing really well. I met a friend for vegetarian dim sum, then a slow walk home with a stop in a park to change a diaper.

I carried Edie in a sling all day, and the motion of my walking seemed to lull her to sleep for a lot of the day. It was nice.

BREAKFAST: 8:30am, good granola with dead organic milk, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

AM SNACK: 11:30am, cream soda, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
When alone in a restaurant with a baby and no ovens working, this is what one grabs.

LUNCH: 1:30pm, vegetarian dim sum, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Almost done with my Chinese food ethnography book. The author gives short thrift to the Chinese Buddhist vegetarian tradition.

DINNER: 5:30pm, leftover shake n' bake chicken and buttery pasta, 1 piece of Stouffers french bread white pizza, Gatorade, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Home with B! We both feel like a weight lifted -- this just may work out after all. I couldn't wait 30 minutes for frozen pizza, so I finished yesterday's leftovers, then shared the pizza with B. This was a new "5 cheese white" version, which I must say, was vastly inferior. It basically tasted like a cross between grilled cheese and the sauce from macaroni & cheese, smashed together with garlic bread. Three flavors I guess people like, but it ain't really pizza...

No comments: