Saturday, September 12

Sugar Headache

Woke up at 4:30am, as I'm attempting another 100 mile ride tomorrow and need to get up without being worn out. Also woke up with a headache, which started last night. It's either from not enough water or....lack of sweets! Could I be going into sugar withdrawal?

BREAKFAST: 6am, organic cheerios with dead organic milk, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

AM SNACK:
9am, emthaller cheese, green apple, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Watching a DVD of short films about food justice, this farmer's market snack seemed appropriate.

AM SNACK: 10am, potato nick with mustard and onion relish, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Got lunch-level hungry, but going to yoga in a few hours. I took the last piece of potato nick out of the freezer and into the microwave. When I took it out to check temp, I noticed it was reheating slow....because it was a big piece. My instinct is to just eat the whole thing, I'm hungry and don't want scraps lying around....but should I make myself the human garbage can? I cut it in half, one half back into the micro, the other into the fridge for an easy-to-heat snack at a later point.

SNICKLESNACK: 2:15pm, falafel on whole wheat pita, a couple spoonfuls of vegan rice pudding, diet coke, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
The HVS & I hit up Maoz on Union Square after yoga. As we were sitting in the window, every other person was walking by carrying several cans of Coke Zero, a newish line of the coke brand. I was thirsty, but didn't want to buy a soda (all restaurants should give water away for free, damnit!) So I popped my head out and indeed, 20 feet away at the corner the cokes were being given out for free. So I jogged over, falafel in hand, and got a can.

This product has the same artificial sweetener and flavor profile as the European diet coke, a less overpowering sweetness, but still tastes fakey and acidy. Still, I remember both my parents drank tons and tons of diet coke, and my dad loved buying large amounts when it went on sale. So to score a free can, at a time when you really want to drink something, well, it almost made that fake acidy mess taste good!

DINNER: 5:30pm, homemade spinach cheese ravioli in butter sauce, halava, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: