Sunday, September 6

Once in a blue moon

The family and I made our way to Cobble Hill for wandering and B's back-to-work shopping, then went to my friend K's house (on the same block HVS used to live!) for a nice home-made lunch in a beautiful backyard. K made some superb vittles, all of which I want to recreate myself. I brought a batch of the special brownies I made a few days ago, and within 2 hours realized they were, indeed, quite strong.

We parted close to 6pm, and made our way home by subway. On the walk from the subway, we ordered a pizza from our local slice shop -- I've never ordered a pizza from there, but it seemed like the ideal food for my state.

I enjoyed the brownie, but it incapacitated me a bit more than I had hoped -- a proper amount is half a brownie, not a whole. I really have no desire to indulge again any time soon, so I imagine I'll bury a couple in the back of my freezer and give the rest away. B was great, but being stoned was kinda like leaving all the responsibility on her shoulders. Which is fine because we talked it through beforehand, but at the same time it's not a place I want to visit more than once in a blue moon.

BREAKFAST: 10am, pumpernickel bagel with peanut butter, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 1pm, Boylan's grape soda, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 3pm, Asian chicken salad, watermelon and avocado salad, mint ice tea, 2-3 glasses of wine, a magical brownie, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 7:30pm, 4 slices of pizza, 2 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: