Wednesday, September 9

Little Steps

Rolled Edie downtown to try to buy a Beatles box, ended up in City Hall Park reading the paper. A slow walk home found us back at the fishball and rice noodle cart by Seward Park, this time I ordered some lotus leaf wraps off the weird little menu. I've only eaten vegan versions of this street snack, but this one had ground pork in a surprisingly subtle brown sauce, really good. I think I'm going to attempt to eat my way through that little menu, though the curry squid will probably be last, he he.

After a few hours at home, we set off again, this time with Edles in a sling. We ate lunch at 2Boots, which technically is pizza, but really is more like pizza-styled food. The Earthmother is an inch thick whole wheat crust topped with tomato sauce and cooked veg, which is good....but it ain't really pizza.

Afters sitting in Union Square a bit, I hit the farmer's market for the first time with Edie. She was awake, and her head propped up out of the sling, looking around and generally being a happy baby. We got a LOT of color commentary from the market goers, all female of all ages. Yep, Edie got the cuteness going for her. Where was Edie when I was a lonely teen, aching for female attention?

So far so good. B went to work, I got out of the house for a full day with Edie, and a lot of little thoughts fluttered through my mind through out the day. Little steps.

BREAKFAST: 8am, 2 pancakes, glass of Gatorade, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

AM SNACK:
9:15am, chocolate donut, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

AM SNACK:
11am, 2 lotus leaf wraps, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH:
2pm, 1 slice square pie, 1 slice earth mother pizza, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM WATERING:
2:45pm, lemon lime seltzer
After pizza, walking up Ave A, found myself desiring desert, but thought it just might be thirst. After a drink, it indeed was just thirst. Weird how a sweet tooth and dehydration feel similar.

DINNER: 6pm, green salad with sauteed shrimp and mushrooms, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

EVENING SNACK: 8:15pm, a little bit of ice cream, 10 Milano cookies, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
After a relatively healthy dinner, found my sweet tooth coming up again, and gave in. I did only eat 2/3 of the bag of cookies, which is an improvement over my old habits of easily getting down a full package when I'm in this mood.

No comments: