Tuesday, March 30

Sederz

Edie still has a runny nose, but seems to be doing really well. For a sick baby, she sure is a pleasure. We made our way to the upper east side for a seder of B's family. A lot of the food was catered from a local diner (turkey that kinda gets powdery when chewed), but some homemade haroset was pretty groovy, and my farfel and ice cream were pretty popular.

I brought a stash of the macaroons I made a few weeks back, but once defrosted, they were so delicate and easily smashed, they didn't get presented. Every time I went into the kitchen for whatever, I grabbed a few and ate them -- reminded me of when my mom brought me chocolate chip cookies on visiting day of my first summer-camp summer, and I ate them until I was sick because I didn't want to share them. Macarons were yummy, but I think freezing and defrosting allowed moisture into the cookies...

Farfel, haroset, macaroons, gefilte fish, matzoh ball soup....y'know, with all the trendiness of narrow concept restaurants (meat ball shop, peanut butter sandwich shop, etc), I wonder how cool it would be to have a restaurant that just served...Passover food all year. Only take reservations for Pesach. He he he. "Sederz" "Elijah's" or "Jeroosalem"!

AM SNACK: 8am, glass of iced mint green tea

BREAKFAST:
9:30am, whole wheat waffle, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
Delicious, last one in the freezer. Maybe my next batch should take it to the next level, adding fruit and maybe olive oil instead of butter....

AM SNACK: 10:30am, spoonful of homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream
For tonight's seder. Used three bunches of mint instead of 2, and a drop of green food dye, just to make the brain think it mintier...

NOON SNACK: noon, small amount of matzo farfel, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 2pm, herring & avocado sandwich on whole wheat, mini carrots, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Even though the can of kippered herring said one serving, I only used half for one sandwich, rather than make 2 sandwiches. The new month is soon to be here, no weight feels lost, thinking of changes to make...

SEDER: 8pm, haroset & matzoh, gefilte fish, matzoh ball soup, sliced turkey breast, farfel, sponge cake, mint c-chip ice cream, macaroons, macarons, water, 1.75 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: