Thursday, April 1

It's a whole new month!

I weighed in at 234.6 this morning, pretty much the same as a month ago. Not disappointed, pretty much what I expected. Over the past month, I've altered my eating habits to adhere a bit to Alton Brown's loose set of rules, and I have had results -- I feel a little clearer, a little bit more energy, and I suspect I've been eating a bit more -- of good, nutritiously dense food (hello sardine sandwich!) and less calorie-dense nutritionally empty food (hello 2x daily dessert!) The bottom line: for anything to change, something has got to change. Not to get all zen n' shit on you.

The weight thing is something to focus on a little now. Input is relatively simple, just eat a bit less. Hopefully the nutritionally powerful foods I'm taking in will make it easier to cut back a little on caloric intake.

Output has to be greater than input for weight loss. Yoga doesn't fit right now, as it requires a stiff schedule, very limited availability due to Edie, and requires leaving the house -- all three make it something to do later. Biking is tricky right now -- until Edie can join me on a bike in June, the schedule is restricted, and it requires me to leave the house. I've started a regimen of about 100 miles a week (30 to Coney one weekday eve, one 70+ ride on a weekend) -- once B starts having Fridays off and Edles can join me during the week, this is going to help, but not enough.

I'm going to to start a 4-day a week regimen of weights. I have a pair of dumb bells from my teen years and a folding weight bench. I did a few push ups and sit ups this morning -- holy crap, I'm tight and weak! Then did a few basic lifts with light weights, and realized I didn't know what the hell I was doing. I stopped, and went to the computer and researched a bike-friendly routine using the equipment I have. Going to play with it some more tomorrow, then start in earnest Monday, doing the regimen Mon-Tues mornings, and Thurs-Fri mornings.

AM SNACK: 8:15am, iced mint green tea

BREAKFAST: 9:45am, homemade granola with organic dead milk, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 2:30pm, freshly made mushroom ravioli with a little tomato sauce, a small glass of beer, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
My friend MAP came over and we made ravioli (and some spaghetti) from scratch, a lotta fun. As something that is limited to once a week, this small supply means when I DO eat that once a week pasta, it's the best pasta possible.

PM SNACK: 6:30pm, clif bar
Road out to Coney Island, this helped even me out and get me through.

DINNER: 8:30pm, pizza, a bit of green salad, water, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Met up with a few people post-ride at a new pizzeria in Greenpoint. We got three medium pies for the four of us, just enough food. Fortunately they didn't have their liquor license yet, so I didn't go into the red with another beer...

EVENING WATERING: 10:30pm, quart

No comments: