Saturday, May 1

Weigh-in

The bad news is I chugged a full bottle of mint green iced tea last night and found myself up until around 4 in the morning -- I guess it really DOES have caffeine in it!

The good news is I weighed myself this morning before breakfast and came in at 229.4 -- about five pounds lighter than a month ago. I credit three factors, in no particular order:

  • The new eating regimen, even if I faltered a little this past month. The goal is expand the repertoire this month -- the challenge is to not over eat when I'm working as GM at the restaurant for one full day a week starting in a couple of weeks.
  • The weight lifting twice a week. I started at struggling to do five push ups, and now I'm struggling to do 10 push ups. I already developed a new routine to do this month focusing on non-bike muscles. I feel more toned.
  • The bike riding. I've been doing 60-100 miles a week this past month, and while it's been matched with calorie intake, my stamina and aerobic health has definitely felt a boost. Going to do the first century of the season this month.
That is all. Will restart reportage of what goes down my neck Monday...

No comments: