Thursday, July 15

Feeding Frenzy at the Freezer

Good unwinding day after three hot, hot days in an unairconditioned restaurant with unhappy customers, unhappy staff and a sweaty bottom. Woke up refreshed from magical sleep, off to do Edie things, cooked some nice dishes with T, took myself out to dinner, got the food shopping done, and had a feeding frenzy with B...

AM SNACK: 8:30am, blueberry iced green tea

AM SNACK: 9:15am, banana
Rushed out with Edie to get to swim class, then play group drop in.


PM SNACK: 12pm, good yogurt with honey, vanilla and peanuts, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5


LUNCH: 3pm, crab fritter, squash risotto, pickled burdock, water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
T came over and we did some free-form cooking. Basically spiked a crab salad with a bit of flour and baking powder, stiffened it in the fridge and rolled some scoops in panko before deep frying in lard & peanut oil. Risotto was standard c-school method with some sauteed zucinni and squashes thrown in. We also made some crazy-ass magical butter cookies, but it won't be soon that I taste those.


DINNER: 6:30pm, 2 hotdogs, fries, pickles, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5
On the way to WF, stopped by Katz's for dinner. Really the only meal of the week that is not at the restaurant and I got to consume by myself. Very peaceful, despite being in a loud, crowded dining room. Usually only eat 1 dog, but I found myself still hungry after finishing.



EVENING SNACK: 9pm, 1/3 of a pint of Ben & Jerries, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
I wasn't planning on eating this, but once B found it, she started wildly scooping it into her mouth. So I joined her, racing to get some into my own mouth before it was done. Basically, we stood in front of the open freezer with the pint and snarled while in a frenzy. Good thing Edie was asleep. I bought it because it was a new flavor -- Milk & Cookies, which was basically a lame overly sweet cookies n' cream with chocolate chip cookie dough. I'm tempted to make my OWN cookie dough ice cream, and it will be SO much better.

No comments: