Thursday, July 22

Summer Eating

Slept fitfully the night before, and met the day with a lot of plans -- Edie swim class at 9:30, playgroup at 10, a little food shopping after, then T came over to cook. After Edie got down, I whipped out a quinoa salad whose dorky recipe B had forwarded to me, with adjustments. Red quinoa, cooked in veg stock, doubled jalapeno, seasoned with vanilla sugar, came out pretty slammin'. I pretty much made it for B, but also served it for lunch, so me & T could focus on a bunch of "special" items -- mini almond tarts, mini vanilla blueberry tarts, and a sheet of brownies. I guess it was for the best I couldn't scarf down anything!

Went out to dinner with Y & her boyfriend in the evening, went to a Middle Eastern place in Fort Greene, near where I went to high school. A friendly, chill night. Summer eating.

AM SNACK: 8:30am, iced green tea


LUNCH: 1:30pm, seared scallops, quinoa salad, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 7:30pm, mezze plate with hummus, baba, grape leaves & spinach, a "pitza" with ground lamb, mint tea, water, semolina cake, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: