Sunday, July 18

DONUTS!

Up at 3:30am to catch a bus to Highland, NY, to ride the Hudson Valley. It was a supported ride, meaning...DONUTS! Too sleepy to eat something proper at home, and the donuts just kept on coming through the first half of the ride. It was very sunny and warm, and the route was surprisingly hilly -- not big hills, but constantly rolling up and down. Even though I was drinking massive quantities of water from the camelback sack on my back, the first symptom of dehydration struck midday -- a tight stomach, lack of appetite, and water, despite being, well, water, tastes a bit strong and vaguely slick. But to avoid further symptoms (headache, lack of focus, extreme tiredness) I kept on drinking.

Midway I decided to abandon the 100 mile route and ended up doing 80 for the day, quite enough between the heat and the hills."Lagom" -- enough is as good as a feast. Burgers presented themselves at the end of the ride, and at home I did not get too hungry, but when I did I realized all I had to make quick were hotdogs and frozen pizzas. I gotta restock in terms of quick and healthy stuff. I would of been just as good with a hunk of watermelon last night than with a hotdog.

AM SNACK:
4am, 10 chocolate coved coffee beans
AM SNACK: 5:15am. 3 donuts, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
AM SNACK: 7:30am, 1 donut, .25 bowl, hunger 3/5
LUNCH: 11am, 2 donuts, 4 pieces olive focaccia, gatorade, water, 2 bowl, hunger 4/5
PM SNACK: 2:30pm, 2 hot oreos, water
PM SNACK
3:30pm, 1 slice apple pie, water, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
PM SNACK: 5pm, 2 burgers, piece of corn, lemonade, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
PM SNACK: 7pm, 1 beer, 1 small bag of potato chips
EVENING SNACK: 9pm, hotdog, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: