Sunday, October 17

Half full? Half empty?

Is my health half full or half empty? I got to bed the night before around 9:30, not feeling quite right and a little worn down. I woke at 4am with a bathroom issue, and got back to bed soon after. I finally awoke at 11am, feeling a little groggy but with energy rising from below.

I went on to have a fully-functional, active day, but the original plan was to wake at 6am and ride the bike into the early afternoon. On one hand, I feel like my body successfully fought off a cold or illness that could have been more serious if it lingered. On the other hand, another week has gone by late in the season where I did not get a good ride in. I can only conclude that my lazy eating habits of late are catching up with me.

BREAKFAST:
11am, BLT on rye toast with mustard, homefries, diet coke, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Lazy eating habits, indeed. B was on the Edie case, and I needed comfort in a bad way. I went around the corner on my block, to my local greasy spoon. The guy behind the counter greeted me warmly, said he hadn't seen me in a long time. I wanted to say, "That's because your food is shit and your style of eating establishment reeks of death," but I just smiled and said "Yeah, well." Of course, I don't go for the food, I go because every other weekend or so I'd come here with my parents and they'd greatly love the cheap prices, bottomless cup of coffee and egg plates. I go here to be with my parents.

I had a diet coke for two reasons -- that was the one thing me and me parents would both guzzle, and I felt a little mucousy from the long sleep -- the acid in the diet coke which I usually abhor felt good for clearing out my throat!

PM SNACK:
1:30pm, a few bites of random pickled stuff
Me n' Edles went to the LES Picklefest, very fun, very tasty. I picked up some really well-done kimchi and pickled diakon for later eats. Perhaps when I break down and eat a hot dog, this stuff will give it a dose of flavor and nutrition!

SNUNCH: 3:30pm, Gatorade, corn chips, 5 little onion rings, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5
The fam & I rode bikes to Prospect Park Zoo, with a stroller strapped to the back of my bike. When we got there, we sat and fed Edie, and I realized I was very hungry. The "cafe" at the zoo is oddly a set of 5 or 6 vending machines. After the chips and Gatorade, I was so curious about the kosher hot-food vending machine I had to try it. It had pizza, french fries, and a knish, but I went for the onion rings. Basically, for $3, I got 5 small, microwaved rings of super-processed deep fried onion/bread rings. Pretty shockingly crappy AND expensive. Kosher eaters are suckahs.

DINNER: 7:45pm, pad see ew, shrimp rolls, small green salad, water, a bunch of pumpkin chocolate chip  cookies, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: