Friday, October 22

T's Dwelling of Discomfit

A good Edie day. In the morning we were all over downtown Manhattan via bike doing chores, after nap, we met up with a friend and his baby in the 'hood. In the evening I yogacized at T's Palace of Pain, then we snickled in the East Village. Two conclusions: I really need to focus on strength training, so I'm not flopping around like a nearly-dead fish at T's Circus of Stress, which I hope to be doing every Friday eve for a while...

BREAKFAST: 8:30am, iced green tea, plain pinhead oatmeal, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Betsy finished the oats this morning by heating them up to absorb the last of the water, but she failed to season them with anything before putting it away -- now I'll have to individually season each portion with salt (sea salt!), spices (cinnamon! cardamom!), sweetener (brown sugar!) and maybe a fat (butter! olive oil!). But this morning I ate it Betsy-style, and appreciated it's oatiness. It was a little cardboard flavored, but I really appreciated the pleasant snap of the oat kernel between my teeth within the smoothie thick and creamy starch.

LUNCH: 12:30pm, sardine & avocado sandwich on superhippy bread, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Finally acquired some proper superhippy bread from the farmer's market, dense but soft, nutty flavor, the color of golden wheat. Sandwich was delicious, why have I not eaten one of these in so long?


PM SNACK: 1:45pm, freshly baked brownie, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Cooked up brownies while I fed Edie. Too delicious, but I'm sure my B will hoover them down in no time!

SNICKLEDINNER: 8:30pm, mock duck & noodle in curry, a few fried vegan bites, a small ginger-jasmine soda, water, vegan ice cream, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: