Friday, December 17

CCCC

Spent the morning with Edles either at my feet or in her high chair while I baked chocolate chocolate chip cookies, churned chocolate ice cream, roasted garlic and set black beans for a full day's simmer for tomorrow's burritos.

I didn't use a recipe, just winged the cookies. Standard cc cookie recipe, lowered the flour to accommodate the cocoa powder. Took 1/8 the chips, melted them and mixed it with the wet part of the batter. Came out delicious and very flat, like I wanted them for ice cream sandwiches, BUT the reduced flour and over-all lowering of the gluten content made for a very delicate, gooey cookie that were hard to handle, and a good deal fell apart in the process from pan, to cooling rack, to freezer. Not to worry, I boxed the shards and I think Betsy will find good use for them.

Went out with an old friend to MOMA to see the kitchen design exhibit. I arrived a little early and found myself starving, so I had a street lamb-pita, with a "white" sauce that is usually yogurt based but this one tasted mayo-based. $4, didn't look big, but it was a calories bomb. By the time we sat down to fancy dinner, I had no appetite and eating half my food made me feel almost too full to ride my bike home...but I did.

AM SNACK: 8:45am, iced green tea


AM SNACKING: 10:30-11:30am, a few chocolate chocolate chip cookies, a few spoonfuls of chocolate ice cream, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5


PM WATERING: 1pm, a quart


LUNCH: 2:15pm, sardines on whole wheat, water, 1 cccc (chocolate chocolate chip cookie), 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER 1: 5:45pm, lamb on pita, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER 2: 7:30pm, onion soup, mussels in pastis sauce, fries, water, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5 

No comments: