Sunday, December 12

Pale Loaf

A mellow Sunday. Started off the day right with a fruit-filled smoothie, then me n' the gals went to a baby birthday party in the hood which met me with half a bagel. My plans for the afternoon visiting a museum with a friend was cancelled due to poor weather, so I struck out on my own and ate Wholefoods sushi in a movie theater, at a movie which made me fall asleep. Yep, falling asleep at the movies on a rainy Sunday afternoon, I am officially old.

On the slow walk home, had a falafel at my favorite falafel place on St. Marks, the same one I've been eating at since high school. Picked up donuts for everyone on the way home.

Dinner was eaten out of the bread machine. I have not used the thing since before I even met Betsy, not to mention culinary school. It quite a powerful machine, though limited by it's uni-tasker status and ability to only make one shape of loaf from beginning to end. I did a very plain white bread as a dry-run, and it came out good, but very pale. It was the kind of bread that's good when it's still hot and steaming right out of the oven, but once it cools it's just fneh. Some serious loaf experimentation is in my future.

BREAKFAST: 9am, smoothie, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


AM SNACK: 11:30am, half a pumpernickel bagel with hummus, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5


LUNCH: 1pm, shrimp avocado sushi, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


LUNCH 2: 3pm, falafel sandwich with babaganoush, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


PM SNACK: 4pm, chocolate donut, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 6:30pm, 2 slices of freshly baked white bread with homemade hummus, 2 homemade ice cream sandwiches, half a donut, quart of water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: