Wednesday, December 15

An Edie to Warm My Heart

Another cold day, not as brutal, though. Woke up with Edie hysterical, but a slightly frazzled B tamed the beast with a bottle of milk and soon enough Edles was lolling around our bed, greeting me with “ha pa pa!” and generally being the most amazing baby ever. Not to mention that all she wanted for breakfast was the white pizza I brought home last night. An Edie to warm my heart!

I’m still surprisingly sore from my minor weightlifting on Monday, but I guess that’s always how it is in the beginning.

BREAKFAST:
8am, small amount of steel cut oatmeal, iced green tea
B was all up in arms about the amount of milk we had left for Edie before I could shop tonight (we had enough), so I skipped adding a bit of milk to my oatmeal before zapping it. It’s good to experiment with common foods like this, makes you realize why you do what you do. The oatmeal was near inedible with out the loosening power of the hot milk. Lesson learned.

BREAKFAST 2: 10:15am, vegetarian sandwich, pint of water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Almondine’s sandwich came on a delicious crusty baguette, very impressive. Nice balance of veg to goat cheese to bread. Satisfying.

LUNCH: 1pm, 4 slices of Sicilian with mushroom & onion, pint of water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
PM SNACK: 2:30pm, a few pork and chive dumplings
Our Chinese delivery person made a few from scratch, actually not very good due to lack of salt, egg and ginger, but what kind of round eyed devil am I to correct her!

PM SNACK: 3:30pm, chocolate ice cream, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Waitress’s last day, I got everyone ice cream. Got chocolate because I plan to whip some up this weekend.

PM SNACK: 5pm, bit of baked salmon
Experiments from my kitchen crew. Overcooked.

PM SNACK: 8pm, beef in mojo de oja
A taste of my crew's wife's cooking. Damn good

DINNER: 10pm, burgers and fries, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
No Comment.

No comments: