Sunday, January 23

Chilly Chill

A chill Sunday. Woke up early to bake muffins for some friends of B who were were popping in on same morning. A chilly walk back and forth overt the Williamsburg Bridge, lunch and a nap, then to my brother-in-law's place in Chelsea to set up D and his gal for a stay in the city. Chill with delivery and TV in the evening, and the day is done.

TODAY'S COOKING
Banana Walnut muffins: Used this recipe as a jump-off, but with numerous changes. Used 100% whole wheat flour, one extra egg, doubled the baking soda, doubled the salt, real vanilla instead of extract, creamed the butter with sugar first, mixed EVERYTHING before gently folding in the flour and mixing minimally. Undercooked them slightly and let them finish on top of the oven. Realized after I ate one that if I followed the recipe, they would of been just meh. I don't like banana walnut muffins, but these were pretty good.

Spaghetti, Dad Style: Boiled up dry spaghetti, coated (not drenched) in simple tomato sauce I made in November, then tossed in small cubes of mozzarella while still hot. Doesn't quite make sense culinarily, but totally brought me back to a nice home cooked meal as a child with my dad.

BREAKFAST: 8am, large glass of iced tea, 2 banana walnut muffins, .5 bowl, hunger 3/5


AM SNACK: 10:15am, hot green tea


LUNCH: 1pm, large green salad, spaghetti with homemade sauce and cheese, water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

DINNER: 7pm, chicken tikka masala with basmanti rice, 1 potato samosa, garlic naan, dark chocolate, water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5 
I don't really eat chicken, but I thought I'd give it a shot in this well known dish from the take-away. Ick, now I remember why I don't eat chicken. Not a lot of flavor, kinda stringy, nothing to it.

No comments: