Tuesday, April 19

Swapping gasoline for calories.



A nice day. Off for the holiday, Edie had coverage so I took my new cargo bike and pedalled over to Ikea. Edles needs a new crib and kitchen chair, as the current ones are worn out from Edie-shaking and are starting to come apart. I usually hate going to Ikea, but going by myself on a rainy weekday made the store pretty empty, and no one dragging me to bits I had no interest in. B gave me a list, and I got everything on the list. Most fun of all, I managed to load all the pieces on to my bike, with the help of free twine in the loading area. The bike felt very strange, very light in the front. It took 45 minutes to ride there, and only an hour to get back.

In the afternoon, I went uptown to the UES to have a Seder with B & her family. It was very nice, warm, casual, familial. I contributed farfel and a flourless chocolate cake, and the majority of the food was ordered in from the Carnegie Deli. Brisket and turkey was ordered for 12 people, but that's assuming a Carnegie Deli-sized serving portion of about 2 lbs. I think I ate maybe two ounces of turkey and two ounces of brisket. Crazy.

Edie is definitely having early onset terrible-twos, she's starting to have tantrums when she doesn't get what she wants. I guess parenting has to get harder before it gets easier?

BREAKFAST: 9:30am, toasted garlic bagel with cream cheese, iced green tea, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH: 2:45pm, onion rings, mini hash browns, health salad, 2 pickles, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


PASSOVER DINNER: 6:30pm, matzoh & haroset, gefilte fish, matzoh ball soup, turkey, brisket, matzoh farfel, gravy, 1 glass wine, 2 coconut macaroons, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

EVENING SNACK: 10pm, cashews & chocolate chips, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: