Thursday, July 26

Torwards Pork Perfection

ADDENDA:
Last nights dinner was great. Sauting the split medalions in the good butter with sweet farmer's market fresh onions was a pleasure, and this time I pulled them off the heat before the red in the middle disappeared. By the time I was eating them, the red turned into a thin line of pink in the middle - moist and tasty. I did rub sea-salt into them, gave them a great flavor, but I wonder if I overdid it with the salt. I made extra brown basmanti rice (cooked with good live oil, bay leaves and sea salt) to have on hand, another first....I wonder how well it freezes and reheats...

BREAKFAST: 8:45am, toasted onion bagel, half cream cheese and half humus, pint of still water. Hunger 3/5. Surprised I was hungry> woke up 7am crappy figurative and literally, but by 9 felt a lot better and hunger came rushing back. Didn't think I'd be hungry for breakfast after last night's feast. Betsy think my crappy feelings came from mixing meat with dairy - the last time I got really sick in a bad way was from a steak in a creamy sauce with buttery milky mashed potatos. Maybe them kosher dietary laws had something to them, other than OCD...

LUNCH: 1pm, half pastrami sandwich, small matzoh ball soup, 2 pickles, small portion of health salad, about 1/3 of a huge slice of cheesecake, hunger 3/5. Not my choice, this was an important work lunch at Juniors, and there is no way I can go to a good deli and NOT get pastrami and matzoh balls, I would feel incredibly deprived. So I go to deli not very often. This would not of been my choice, gosh, I feel slightly guilty, after the huge pork n' pizza feast last night. Portion wise, I had the smallest meal of anyone there (and even skipped fries) and it was quite filling. Afterwords, now have a slight headache. Haven't had one in a while. Weird, haven't felt guilty about what I've eaten in....I don't remember ever feeling guilty since I was a chile and hid my sweets consumption from my parents...my first thought when I found out I had to eat at Juniors was, 'Yeah pastrami and pickles!', and the second thoughts was, "oh shit, I'm going to have to write about my so-called low-salt diet on that blog!" But it's life, it's not a habit, and I really enjoyed it.

PM SNACK: 4:30pm. haagendaz vanilla ice cream bar, hunger 3/5. Sweet tooth in effect, somehow forgot about the cheesecake and went for an icecream sandwich, but remembering the list of chemicals in it, went for this which has a shorter ingredient list. Feel kinda bleah, late afernoon snooze.

DINNER: 6:30, pasta with smoked moz and fresh tomatos, 2 small pieces of very cheesy pizza, moz and tomato salad, hunger 3/5. Restaurant downtown with B, did not enjoy it, too much cheese. Tired, did not feel good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

alone together, together but separate...however you define it, i'm always right here with you!

sleepily yours,

Betzzzzzz

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.