Friday, November 2

Dairy, Dairy, Quite Contrary

ADDENDA:
Last night's meal was fantastic, as close to ideal as it comes - amazing food, wonderful company. As we were leaving, I said to Corinna how horrible it must be to be rich and powerful and eat in places like this every day - because a) it would be so easy to take it for granted and become blase about it and b) you'd be as fat as a house!

Remembered back in college, made a Boboli pizza for Corinna and I. I used this fat-free mozzarella on it. I remember eating a piece of it, marveling how it was fat free at first. After chewing it and swallowing it, I marvelled at the chutzpah it took to call this rubbery white substance cheese. For a good part of the time I was vegan, I remember thinking that while I suspected I would someday eat some meat again, I'd never ever consume dairy. I distinctly remember the discomfort in my gut and the fuzziness in my head that a lot of dairy consumption would give me. Now, dairy energizes me.

I think it's because all the dairy I eat is mostly whole and organic, and with the milk I use, unhomogenized (minimally processed) - if I had the choice, I'd use unpasteurized raw milk, but that's illegal. I imagine when you remove fat from dairy, all the other stuff in the dairy is more present, out of balance - the fats really help everything go down easy, and tastier too.

I made it without sweet for almost 2 whole days, and avoided a huge sugar craving. Today there will be desert with dinner, as I'm going out with another friend, but I feel hopeful about approaching weight loss at the right angle. Sweets reduced to once or twice a week seems like a logical way to reduce my calorie consumption....

BP 7am: 127/95

BREAKFAST: 7:15am, good yogurt with vanilla, honey, raw cashews, hunger 4/5

AM WATERING: 9:30am, 24 oz still water

LUNCH: 12:30pm, pork konkatsu with curry and rice, pork shumai, water, hunger 4/5
Japanese with Erikka. After, I went to Banana Republic to spy a pea coat I've been thinking of getting on line. The XL was too small! I see there is an XXL on line, but....really? When did I become an XXL? If I'm XXL in America, I must be a XXXXL in Europe!!

PM SNACK: 4:15pm, roberts pirate booty, hunger 4/5
Craving sugar.

DINNER: 7:15pm, mushy veggie burger on whole wheat bun, side of onion rings, half of Yana's fries, large serving of hunger 4/5
Needed a quick dinner before a movie, we went to Silver Spurs nearby. Haven't been to a Silver Spurs in many years - I think the last time I've been there was with my father AND pre-religious brother. I'm a bit suspicious of conventional chopped meat, so I went with an analog that was eh, and I ordered the onion rings instead of the fries as I've sworn off them (though who are we kidding, nutritionally they are the same.) After finishing my meal, Yana still barely made it into her fries and offered me some - I could not resist, I was still very hungry. Decided not to feel guilty, as it's Friday and if I'm ever going to have a new diet that lasts and lets me slim down, I have to bend and not break.

Went to Emac & Bolio's after, Yana is a Boston girl. I haven't had non-gelato in a while, forgot how not-spectacular normal ice cream is in comparison. Will make it easier to skip ice cream next time....

No comments: