Sunday, July 26

Seeds

The coming week is my first with no school. All of a sudden, no structure. Tomorrow, gonna cook.

BREAKFAST: 9:30am, 1 muffin, .25 bowl, hunger 4/5

BRUNCH: 12:15pm-2:30pm, several plates from the buffet, including salad, Shepherd's salad, hummus, eggplant, lamb prepared in various forms, a few pieces of fish, lots of honey-soaked desserts, water, 1.5 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: 5pm, pistachios
My dad's home office was always overrun with seed and nut shells, usually pistachio or sunflower seeds. He'd crack the sunflower seeds in his teeth, spit out the shell, leaving a saliva mess in a pile, bits everywhere. My mom would never clean his office, located in the finished part of the attic space. These seeds were so tiny, they weren't a nourishment thing, just a keep your hands busy thing, with a small amount of crunch and flavor involved.

DINNER: 8:30pm, 2 slices of pizza, ice cream bar, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Comfort food from my block. Had a "twix" ice cream bar, total junk but reminded me of the free sample of the twix me, my brother and my mom got at some shopping center when the bar was just being introduced. My mom was very strict about junk food, but she let us eat these free candy bars. The combination of free and my mom enjoying junk food with me was a heady combination.

No comments: