Saturday, August 1

One drink doesn't make you an alcoholic, right?

I fell asleep around 9:30 last night, so waking up before 5am felt good and natural. A little hungry, but found myself desiring... fats and sweets. Hmmm. Ate the last of the amazing muffins I made last weekend, very satisfying. Muffins of this sort are definitely on the junk food continuum, but because I made them myself with good ingredients and nothing suspicious, didn't feel too bad.

As B&E slept, I rode over to the farmer's market on Union Square, haven't been there for opening in too long. As we're going away on Monday for a good part of the week, did not buy up a salad. Picked up all the key ingredients for grilled cheese: a raw milk mild cheddar, super hippy bread (8 grain sour dough bread encrusted in sunflower seeds, nice and tangy and solid), and a sweet onion with it's greenery and dirt still on.

Riding home on this early Saturday slowly, contemplating what's in the future. B is going to go back to work in a little bit more than a month -- during the day, it's going to be me and Lil' E. Will I get super fat with comfort food? I need to redefine comfort food, because ice cream three times a day ain't gonna work.

BREAKFAST 1: 5am, 2 apple muffins, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5

BREAKFAST 2:
9am, 2 ends of superhippy bread, the good yogurt with honey, vanilla, cashews, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5

LUNCH 1: 12 pm, grilled cheese with mild cheddar and grilled onion, small handful of potato chips, water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
The cheese was too mild, and I should of salted everything. Still, the superhippy bread grills up wonderfully when slathered in the good butter.

LUNCH 2: 3:30pm, spaghetti & meatballs, lots of water, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
B, E & my friend Y all ate at a hole-in-the-wall Italian joint on Hudson Street, pretty good food, and a nice normal sized portion.

PM SNACK: 4:30pm, chocolate ice cream cone, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
I didn't particularly want ice cream, but I was with 2 Boston gals and we went by an Emack & Bolios (Whose the mack & Corn holios) and didn't want to make 'em feel weird by abstaining. Like when you go to the bar and have a drink because everyone else is....

DINNER: 8pm, beef&brocolli, fried rice, egg roll, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5
Comfort food again. -sigh-

No comments: