Friday, July 31

Tour De Snickle, Prologue

Swung by the restaurant in the morning for an unproductive few hours, pedaled in the heat to the Upper West Side to chill with B&E and cousins and momma, then me and my ladies walked into Central Park for a nice stroll.

Road down and picked up the HVS (as we were riding on the tandem) and shot over to Greenpoint for some yoga action on a rooftop. Reminded me of two things: I actually like yoga, but since Edie arrived, have been very remiss in my practice -- the free time I've had has been dedicated to bike riding, hopefully will find a new balance soon. The other thing is I love hanging out on roof tops, there is so much sweet observational peace to take in, it's just like riding a train. Unfortunately, that's not good for yogic concentration!

The tandem jammed up on our travels south and we ended up on the LES at a restaurant B loves but I've held a grudge against since it opened -- it's hummus is not very good and it replaced an Eastern European diner that me and my parents hit up often in the years before their passing. But the new place is Israeli run, it's concept (not too dumpy, not too fancy) is exactly what my parents wanted for the neighborhood, and the food I had this evening was surprisingly spot-on (though HVS's felafel tasted weird.)

I was hungry from eating light n' crappy all day, and a bit dehydrated. By the time I got home by 11pmish, my digestion would not let me sleep until 4:30am. However, for love of the snickle, totally worth it!

BREAKFAST: 9:30am, 2 pancakes, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

PM SNACK: noon, small piece of bread with roasted red pepper & anchovy, half a black cherry soda, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
At the resto. New soda in stock, contemplating a bruchetta-like appetizer.

PM SNACK: 1pm, beef patty, Gatorade, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5
Riding in the hot sun to meet B & some of her cousins, overcome by weakness from the heat. Stopped by a street vendor. It was this or a hot dog, blech. I'm really over Jamaican meet patties.

PM SNACK: 4:30pm, 2/3 of a felafel sandwich, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

SNICKLEDINNER: 9:30pm, fresh pasta with meat sauce, brownie & ice cream, mint lemonade, lots o' water, 1.25 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: