Saturday, May 14

Tumbling through Saturday

Got to bed at 8:30, woke at 5, so it won't be so hard to wake at 3:30 tomorrow to go do the Montauk Century. Not feeling 100%, but better than before. Got laundry and ice cream churning done, before me and the fam took off for the Hester Street Fair and a playground.

In the afternoon, retrieved my bike from the shop uptown, then took Edie post-nap to a BBQ of a friend in DUMBO. Straight from that, we met B at a friend's house in the 'hood for a nice homemade dinner, to which I contributed the ice cream.

Got to bed at about 9:30, unsure if I would be riding the next day, due to weather and still not totally well....

BREAKFAST: 5:30am, iced green tea, 2 cupcakes, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

AM SNACK: 8am, a few spoonfuls of cake batter ice cream
I added the cake batter to the hot creme Anglais, and the final product was....very cake battery. B loved it, tasted a bit fake to me, but I guess when your going for a child-like flavor like that, the fakeness is what your going for. One recipe suggested adding dry mix as the cold custard churned, which strikes me as a horrible idea which would end up being gritty. Glad I followed my gut.



BREAKFAST 2: 10:15am, brisket taco, a few tiny apple muffins, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
At the Hester Street Fair. Brisket was stringy, no likey.



LUNCH: 12:30pm, a burrito, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5
Made 'em yesterday. Again, the rice is hard. Should cook the rice next time extra mushy.



PM SNACK: 2:30pm, a freshly baked brownie


PM SNACK: 3:30pm, chicken bratwurst, a little ceveche, cesar salad, freshly made babaganoush, .75 bowl, hunger 4/5


DINNER: 5:45pm, telapia, spinach soufle, rice and lentils, half glass of wine, water, cake batter ice cream, 1 bowl, hunger 4/5


EVENING SNACK: 8pm, cheesy poofs, .5 bowl, hunger 4/5

No comments: